Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Chapter 9 - Ponyboy

Last night was the night of the rumble. When I got home we had thirty minutes to get ready, so I ate quickly, took a shower and we prepared for the big night. Everyone was excited about the rumble, and everyone liked fights for different reasons. Darry likes fights because he wants to show off his tough tuff build, Soda wants to fight because he thinks it's fun, Two-Bit likes it, because he's Two-Bit, Steve fights because of hies hatred, Dally fights to show how tough he is, Johnny doesn't like fights, but I'm not sure why I like fights, maybe to blow some steam, or getting back at the Socs, but to tell you the truth, I think fights are just a waste of precious time. Tim's gang and the Brumly gang were already there, and were waiting for us, and the Socs to arrive. Soon, the Socs got there, and we fought, it was gruesome. I was being beaten bad, but Darry was watching, so if I wasn't doing so hot, he would help me out a bit, then a soc pinned me to the ground, and started to kick me as hard as he could. Dally, came to join us in the fight, he got out of the hospital to come, and he wasn't doing to good. I was too dizzy to see what was going on, until someone said that the Socs were running! We won. Right away,the gang went to see Johnny. We were about to enter the room but then the nurse stopped us before we could go in. She said that Johnny was dying. Two-bit then threatened her with a knife. She let us in , but it was because we were friends with him, not because of the knife. When we went in, I saw Johnny just laying there. He looked dead we all thought he was dead. But then he started to talk, first to Dally,but then he told me to come closer. He said Stay Gold Ponyboy, Stay Gold. I didn't understand at the time but now I know what he meant. Then He died.

No comments:

Post a Comment