Monday, October 19, 2009

Chapter 10 - Ponyboy

I felt so dizzy, almost as if were drunk. I walked outside and saw Dally driving off. Then I started to walk home. It was like I was in a dream, it was so unreal. I couldn't walk anymore, I felt like I would pass out. So then I searched for a ride home. Soon enough someone came and I got in. He drove me home, and I said thanks and got out. The gang was in the house just minding there own business, blissfully unaware of the fact that Johnny was dead. Darry came up to me,mad that I came home so late, but then he saw the sadness and lifelessness on my face and asked what's wrong. Then I just blurted it out"Johnny, he's dead" everyone stopped and was silent. Then I said that Dally left, it was too much for him. Then Darry told me that I was sick and that I should sit down. I felt really sick but I didn't want to sit down. Then a few seconds later the phone rang,Darry answered the phone, and he had an odd look on his face.He then hung up and said that Dally robbed a grocery store and the cops are after him.At that moment I felt funny again, then we heard sirens. We all ran outside.At that vacant lot we saw Dally running from the police. Then he did the stupidest thing in his life. He raised his unloaded gun, and then he died. No,I thought now I lost two friends, not both, please not both. But it was too late, he was dead, and I knew that at some point in my life I would have to move on.

1 comment: